In this Australian-first, landmark partnership, PROJECT ROCKIT is teaming up with Facebook and Instagram to build the next generation of Digital Ambassadors all over Australia.
What’s a Digital Ambassador?
A Digital Ambassador is a powerful source of leadership in the online world. Through support and allyship, they make every effort to choose kindness. They utilise positive strategies to safely connect and tackle online hate. Digital Ambassadors recognise their power in the online world and use that power for good. They use their unique strengths to stand up, challenge the status quo and reclaim technology for good.
PROJECT ROCKIT will be visiting over 40 communities across metropolitan and regional Australia in 2019 – 2020 to seed the first generation of Digital Ambassadors. To nominate your school, fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch. And don’t forget to spread the word! The more interest we have from your community, the greater likelihood we will tour in your area.
STAGE 1: EVENT SERIES TO UNITE YOUNG PEOPLE
- PROJECT ROCKIT Digital Ambassadors are invited to attend a series of face-to-face high-energy workshops in metropolitan and regional communities across Australia. Through PROJECT ROCKIT’s signature strengths-based framework, each workshop tackles (cyber)bullying, builds empathy and grows young people to be Digital Ambassadors with the tangible skills to lead a positive online world, starting in their own community
- In a new approach to collaboration, the workshops will bring together students from different schools across Australia to grow a generation of digital ambassadors for the school and wider online communities, who are equipped with the empathy and skills to tackle online hate and lead a better, kinder digital world
STAGE 2: PLUG INTO ONLINE ACTION HUB
- Building on the collective impact of students and educators, PROJECT ROCKIT Digital Ambassadors will have access to the Online Action Hub and supported learning program providing ongoing education, tools and resources to reinforce core messages, extend learning and spark peer-led school-based social action for navigating the online world
- The Online Action Hub and 4-week learning program reinforces the positive one-off experience of the workshop into tangible, lasting change that can be led by young people. Through the hub, educators, parents/guardians and Digital Ambassadors plug into a collective, youth-designed toolkit that they gives them everything they need to create social change in their own school communities
STAGE 3: JOIN THE MOVEMENT AND LAUNCH SOCIAL CHANGE
- PROJECT ROCKIT Digital Ambassadors are equipped to ROCKIT in the online world. With social leadership skills, a community of peers equally committed to change and action plans to create positive social change, in their own school and online communities
- Digital Ambassador is more than just a school program. You will be plugging into a powerful movement of over 300,000 other young people who are united, prepared and ready to stand up to bullying – on and offline. Together we navigate the risks and rewards of challenging (cyber)bullying with credible strategies to shut down online hate.
Facebook and Instagram is contributing $1 million to scale up PROJECT ROCKIT’s youth-driven approach and to build a network of Digital Ambassadors who will lead social change in school, online and beyond. Over the course of 2019-2020, this partnership will grow 10,000 Digital Ambassadors from 600 schools and connect them to a powerful network of social change.