Friday 10 May 2019
Do It For Dolly Day is an initiative which hopes to extend the Dolly’s Dream message within the community and build on the support available for those impacted by bullying.
We want to continue to raise awareness about the issue of bullying, provide support and deliver educational resources for parents whose kids may be bullied or bullying.
This Do It For Dolly Day, on Friday 10 May 2019, join us to commemorate and celebrate Amy ‘Dolly’ Everett in the following ways:
- Express your ‘True Blue’ spirit by wearing or decorating in blue
- Participate in a fundraising activity (e.g. sausage sizzle, walkathon, quiz night, etc)
- Encourage and show kindness at school, in your neighbourhood or at work. Here are some ideas:
- Invite someone playing alone to join in your game
- Ask an adult on the playground how their day has been
- Make a friend with somebody new at your school
- Make a kindness note or letter for a friend
- Tell your family how much you love them
- Clean your room without being asked
- Tell a joke
- Watch someone else’s favourite TV show
There are many ways to be kind to others, you are only limited by your imagination.
Everything that you need to know about how to get involved can be found here in our Do It For Dolly Day Fundraising Kit, including fundraising ideas, social media tips and our brand guidelines.
Set up a fundraising page
If you don’t have time to set up a fundraising event, you can still fundraise for Dolly’s Dream by setting up your own Dolly’s Dream fundraising page here.
Please note: Do It For Dolly Day activities do not require you to fill out a Dolly’s Dream Fundraising Application Form from the website.
If you’re looking for Dolly’s Dream merchandise to wear or sell at your fundraising event you can find it all here. Event packs can be pre-purchased and sold on the day at your event.
Please note: The cut off day for orders is Tuesday 7 May if you wish to receive your merchandise in time for Do It For Dolly Day on 10 May.