Preparing to make a report
Before you make a report write down as many details as you can about the incident. This will help you to recall details and make it easier to answer questions when you lodge your report.
Take notes about:
- what happened
- when it happened
- where it happened
- who was involved
- who saw it happen.
If a website or mobile phone was used as part of the bullying, it will help with tracking and blocking people engaging in the bullying behaviour if you can:
- save messages and details of the senders – if you are the person who was bullied and you don’t want to keep reading the messages, ask someone you trust to save them for you
- provide information about which websites or social networks were used
- provide the name of your internet service provider or mobile phone provider.
What to do..
- Bullying online > 1. Report to the website administrator. 2. Report it to esafety.gov.au
- Bullying other > get advice 1800 880 176
- Bullying at school > report it to the school
- Bullying by school > report it to Education Department in your state
1. Report Cyberbullying – esafety.gov.au
How to make a report
These tasks must be completed before you can lodge a complaint: